Many clients come to Armitage, Inc. asking for “a logo.”
While logos are very important, they are just one part of what we call the larger, wider scope of Brand Identity. In other words, who are you REALLY?
- What core products and services are you offering?
- What is your value proposition? Why are customers buying from you?
- What is your tag line your elevator speech and your U.S.P. (Unique Selling Proposition)?
- What do you do better than your competitors, and what do your competitors have as a current advantage?
- What is your brand personality?
- In which avenues do you sell now, and where do you see those avenues expanding?
This is all Brand Identity. When we take our clients through the Brand Identity process, it’s an engaging and thoughtful exercise that results in far more than a logo … it is your story.
Initially, we deliver a 7-page Brand Overview document to our clients for their review. Then, we get on the phone with the client to walk through these questions. For entrepreneurs and small to mid-size businesses (under $6 million) this is usually an hour-long process. We might participate in a few back-and-forth revisions, but The Brand Identity document that emerges is a wonderfully, concise and focused document.
For the client, this Brand Identity helps in every aspect of the prospecting and selling process. For us here at Armitage, Inc., the Brand Identity helps us
- Create the tag lines, elevator speeches and Unique Selling Proposition for the client,
- Write all foundational content for the website,
- Participate in initial keyword research for SEO of the client’s website,
- Design social media and advertising campaigns that are just as focused and targeted,
- And, yes, create a logo.
I’m attaching a recent result of just the logo portion of the Brand Identity process with a current client …
Here’s the “BEFORE” – this is what the client came to us with.
And here’s the “AFTER” logo we designed after the Brand Identity process was completed.
What a difference in just the logo alone! Over the next few weeks, you will see us morph this client’s world as we continue to rely on the Brand Identity document to create a viable, thriving business for her.
As a V.I.P. subscriber to Armitage, Inc., you’re welcome to ask us for a copy of our Brand Identity document. Just email me directly at Diane@Armitageinc.com and I’ll send it over to you for your review.